The Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI)
The Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) is a business-driven initiative for the continuous improvement of food safety management systems to ensure confidence in the delivery of safe food to consumers worldwide.
The objectives of the Global Food Safety Initiative are to foster a convergence between food safety standards by maintaining a benchmarking process for food safety management schemes. It also seeks to improve cost efficiency in the food supply chain through the common acceptance of recognized standards by retailers around the world.
GFSI has had a major impact on worldwide food safety. Under its umbrella, major retailers have come to a common acceptance of GFSI benchmarked food safety schemes, including SQF, BRC, FSSC 22000, PrimusGFS, GlobalG.A.P., CanadaGAP, Harmonized GAP, and IFS.
GFSI’s governing principle is “Once Certified, Accepted Everywhere.”
Our Expert Food Safety Consultants will Help your Business Achieve a GFSI Certification
We listen to your concerns and will help you implement a GFSI food safety management system that best fits your business. With our expertise and seasoned experience, you can rest assured it will satisfy the highly acclaimed GFSI standards to open a worldwide market for your products and services. Equally important, implementing GFSI is a giant step to avoiding costly product recalls.
Let our GFSI Experts Guide You
Our affordable GFSI experts have broad knowledge about food safety regulations and how they are enforced. A consultant will help you design an effective GFSI-approved system and train your people to use it. They will also be there to assist with certification and re-certification audits.
GFSI Opens a Worldwide Market
GFSI food safety certification is now a requirement for most retailers, supply chains and distributors around the world. It is the “entry ticket” to expanding your business.
Key Benefits of our Consulting Services
We help you clarify your food safety certification needs and provide an overview of the time and investment to achieve compliance. Moreover, we can put you in contact with a local GFSI consultant who will expedite your preparation of a GFSI certification.
- We are a FREE source of valuable information and reports.
- Using a consultant expedites preparation of your GFSI-benchmarked system, allowing your business to quickly take advantage of market opportunities.
- Our consultants will also train your people on implementation and maintenance of the implemented food safety system.
- Achieving a Global Food Safety Initiative certification ensures that your business is positioned to take advantage of worldwide opportunities.
- Certification to a GFSI standard provides “peace of mind.” It helps you avoid costly product recalls and lawsuits.